Today is my 54th birthday. I am finally the same age as my Dream Boy once again. Even if it is only for 2 months.
Fifty four. 54. Five Four.
How in the world did I get to this point? How is it I am now the age I always thought my parents to be? Cripes - I remember when my dad turned 50!
So I guess when you have matured to this point of life, there are some lessons you've learned along the way, right?
In my *ahem* infinite wisdom ------ things I have learned or must confess....
1. I have learned that it is possible to love a man more after 36 years of togetherness than you did on the day you met him. Yeah, on our 1st date I KNEW I was going to marry him. I was the ripe old age of 18.
2. I have learned that you can NOT please everyone and you might as well quit trying. It's not gonna happen - ever.
3. I confess that I have tried to do the above multiple times, only to lead to anger, frustration & heart break - mostly on my part.
4. I confess that even though my birth certificate says I am 54, my mind states I am much younger. My body ------ that's a different story all together.
5. I have learned that the internet can be a good thing, but also a dangerous thing.
6. I have learned to say I'm sorry. A lot.
7. I confess that I am a protective mama. Do NOT mess with my chilluns. They, along with my Dream Boy, are my world.
8. I confess that I as much as I profess to be a Christian, I am far from perfect. That I try to be in control, when in reality - it is my God who is control of my life.
9. I have learned to give the control back to God. Time and time again. Over and over and over.
10. I have learned to laugh at myself and life. I have no idea how 54 years have passed so quickly, but if I don't do this - I will live a very lonely life.
11. I have learned the pain of loss. To lose someone so close to you hurts like nothing else. The pain may ease, the memories may become the balm to heal the loss, but it never, ever completely fades. At any moment, the pain can come back in waves as strong as the pain when you rip off a band aid.
12. I have learned it's okay to cry - over ANYTHING! Let it go!
13. I have learned that I am a very, very blessed woman and this life I have is a gift from God. Each.and.every.day.
So, for 54 years of life, this is a pretty short list. But for now these are the things that are prominent in my life and I am constantly being reminded of these life lessons each and every day.
I will continue to learn and to grow and to share.......with you.